The Mother Load

JUST AIRING OUT MY LAUNDRY!

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Have Your Cake and Eat It Too!


Tater Tot's creative use of cake, got me thinking about when was the last time I put my baking skills to the test. It was about a year ago. My son begged me for a volcano cake with dinosaurs for his birthday. I tall order for an inexperienced baker. Yet, I was up for the challenge and took it a step further by turning it into a science experiment as well. I baked this cake and then added a mini lamp shade to the top with a cup of baking soda in the center. Frosted it and added the dinosaurs. My son loved it, but asked me to test it several times until we did it one too many times and the vinegar and baking soda mixture exploded all over the cake.

5 Your Load:

Blogger Smile-N-Cajun said...

Well you have cake baking and decorating in your blood!!!

6:02 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

Oh but it's adorable! Great job!

4:51 PM  
Blogger TaterTot said...

That is AWESOME! My daugther made a Fishbowl cake for the 4-H Fair last year and won grand prize. I should did up a photo and share.

I'm impressed it actually erupted.

10:00 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

It's all I can do to open two eggs and pour some oil into a brownie mix and get it baked without bruning it. I am soooooo impressed by both of you.

5:07 PM  
Blogger The Mother Load said...

Thank you all, you are too kind. You are all dismissed, now ;)

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home