The Mother Load

JUST AIRING OUT MY LAUNDRY!

Friday, April 07, 2006

When?

When will I see the day of a sofa in my living room, or my TV connected, or clothes in a dresser? When I ask. When my husband feels like it. These requests are no major act of God, yet my husband seems to believe so. He'd rather be fishing, I'd rather be sitting on my sofa (that belongs in the living room, not in storage) watching Desperate Housewives or American Idol. He promises often that he will attend to these matters, but to no avail. I get quite irritated by it and after awhile I'm guilty of throwing around a few choice words until he gets off his butt and does something about it. The last home we were in, the many projects were pushed aside until it was too late - we had to move. The home before that took him 2 years before he fixed a leak in the bathroom. We solved it by removing the entire bathroom and making it a closet. I get a bit weary of always being the nag and he says he doesn't like my nagging, yet I wouldn't have to if he would just go get my damn sofa out of storage!

6 Your Load:

Blogger Jenny said...

My husband always gets moving when I threaten to call my brother and have him do it instead, because I know he's so busy with everything ... blah blah blah...

If he really is that busy, I call my brother and it gets done, but if he's really just being lazy this always kicks him into high gear (out of embarassment).

It's like if he said to you "Oh don't worry about getting to the laundry, I'm going to call Mom and have her come over to help you." AAAAA!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Must be a hubby thing. There's times that I have to ask for days and days and then he gets mad cause I'm always nagging.......welllllllll, I wouldn't have to nag if he would just DO IT when I ask right?

LOL
What I have learnt to do is just go and get it done myself, nothing like him seeing me move a bed around to jump up and quickly come and help LOL

12:31 PM  
Blogger The Mother Load said...

Jenny, that is a great idea, nothing would burn his hide more than saying I'll just get his brother to do it. HEHEHEHAHAHA! Wicked!
Sandra, I once got so desperate at 8 months pregnant I pulled out the carpet by hand all by myself. What a release of anger!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Meme said...

A mans excuse is that he works so hard during the week he is to tired to do anything else when he gets home. I'll ask one time and if it doesn't get done, I'll do it myself if I can. Then he usually feels bad so he does it the next time. The thing I don't understand is why do we have to tell them what needs to be done. Our home would be in a real mess if we wouldn't see what needed to be done. They are all like kids in bigger bodies. But if someone asks them to go hunting or fishing.they don't forget that!!!I know they work hard but so do we. At least he does say he doesn't know how I do all that I do because he couldn't handle my days routines.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Meme said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Let us know how that little tactic works out for you.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home