The Mother Load

JUST AIRING OUT MY LAUNDRY!

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

By Far the Coolest

Found this recipe on Sandra's Works for Me Wednesday onDiary of a Stay At Home Mom. It really does work and the eggs came out so fluffy and perfect. You wouldn't believe how easy and amazing.

OMELETS IN THE BAG

Have everyone write their name on a quart-size, zip-lock freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into each bag (not more than 2 eggs) and shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.

Each member adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shakes; make sure the air is out of the bag and the bag is well-zipped.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.
You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.

6 Your Load:

Blogger Heth said...

Seriously? I'm totally going to try this for lunch. It sounds like a science experiment or something!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

I'm SO glad you tried it and it worked. My hubby wasn't too sure when I first made them, he kept saying "I don't know, I think the eggs are going to stick to the bag" LOL

Boy was he shocked when they rolled right out and were the fluffiest ones he's ever tasted :)

Thanks for mentioning my blog :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger The Mother Load said...

Heth, let me know how this works for you!

Sandra, you are so welcome!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Lazy cow said...

I do like the sound of this. My kids would love to help make them, but I'm not sure they'd eat them.

6:37 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That is totally cool - my two year old is goint to LOOOOVE this.

9:46 AM  
Blogger The Mother Load said...

Let me know how they like it.
Lazy Cow: We tried it again and added a little cinnamon and sugar to it, but nothing else and the kids loved it with toast.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home